Location: Washington, Tyne & Wear
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000 – £30,000 (DOE)
Roundel Manufacturing are one of the UK’s leading providers of complete Kitchen, Bedroom and Bathroom solutions to the UK Housing market. It is experiencing significant growth and is looking to expand its logistics department to enable and support this growth. The right person will joining a progressive organisation, with opportunity to develop and excel.
The successful candidate will be responsible daily for the accurate scheduling, planning and execution for the delivery of manufactured kitchens to the UK Housing market, whilst reducing nonconformity of deliveries to lowest reasonable level, whilst ensuring the operated fleet is maintained daily, ensuring maximum availability. The task it significant as the role will look to support an organisation that is going from strength to strength.
Responsibilities of the Transport Planner
- to ensure that all deliveries are planned and executed efficiently and on time to meet our customers’ needs through thoughtful flexible planning, making the most economical use of resource. Critical to this will the accurate administration of staff, resource and time management.
- Conduct daily routing and fortnightly planning on behalf of Roundel Manufacturing.
- Liaising with other stakeholders both internal and external sales team members as well as coordinating the Drivers forms a critical element of the planning function.
- Communicate failed deliveries in line with the organisations communication policy.
- You will work with the Fleet Manager, utilising data from on-board telematics and all other information systems utilised by the operations team.
- Experience within a logistics working environment ideally of planning multi drop deliveries.
- Ability to work well in very dynamic environment.
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
- Good reporting skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid UK License.
- £28k – £30k depending on experience
- Company Pension