Location: Home Based
Application deadline: 30/04/2022
This role is responsible for producing accurate Quotes Packs for the supply and installation of kitchens, bathrooms and bedrooms to the national house builder contract market including the following duties:
- Interpret design briefs submitted by the Sales Manager into technically accurate layouts. Ensuring that you have clarified all details and variations to deliver the departments overriding KPI, ‘ Right First Time ‘.
- Produce clearly annotated plans and high quality rendered perspectives using Fusion FX6.
- Prepare site Tender Packs by collating all information ascertained for the development in question.
- Working within the confines of the existing administration structure. To ensure best practice when working with shared information. It is imperative that all documentation is available and archived correctly on our shared data system.
- Take the responsibility for investigating the compatibility of layouts with the appliances being requested. Where necessary taking steps to suggest alternative solutions to the Sales Mangers or create a bespoke solutions with the Technical Team.
- Actively engage with the Technical Team to clarify design details of any bespoke items required. Obtaining a relevant KI drawing and pricing information.
- Provide clear and precise solid surfaces and glass plans, elevations and instruction to our Purchasing Team to obtain quotes.
- Service incoming calls into the department.
- To directly support Sales Managers by resolving their client queries.
- Provide general support to all internal departments relating to design based enquiries.
- Ensure that all current systems and procedures are maintained and adhered to. Whilst actively seeking to improve them.
- Provide ongoing support and training to junior members of the design team.
The desired candidate must have an in-depth understanding of kitchen design and have previously worked within the industry preferably with a track record in the contract kitchen market. Some working knowledge of designing bedrooms and bathrooms would also be advantageous. Experience of using Fusion FX6 and Microsoft Office programs (including Excel, OneNote & Teams) although not essential would be preferential to hit the ground running. Pricing takes place on our in-house bespoke systems so a willingness and ability to pick these up quickly would be crucial.
- As this is a Home Based role, an ability to work on your own without supervision.
- Strong communication skills.
- A genuine interest in, and flair for design.
- Ability to build strong relationships.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise your own workload.
- A proactive attitude to problem solving and strive to implement improvements.